Six Features of Modern Hearing AidsApril 13, 2017 4:27 pm
In much the same way that technology has transformed the ways in which people watch television, read news, and socialize, it has also altered the ways in which medical devices such as hearing aids have been designed and built to include features that are tailored to a modern user’s lifestyle.
So, how can hearing care practitioners assure their patients that high-tech hearing aids and accessories are no longer stuck in the past and that new, state-of-the-art devices are now adapted to fit into today’s fast-paced world?
Luckily, the Better Hearing Institute (BHI) has compiled a “little-known” fact sheet about modern hearing aids that may help to put your patients at ease and allay their concerns. In this article, we’ll share the highlights, edited and adapted from the BHI website.
- Better Able to Weather the Elements– For those leading an active lifestyle, there are hearing aids on the market that are designed to be waterproof and resistant to humidity, sweat, and dust. It’s no longer necessary to compromise your hearing for the sake of your fitness routine or favorite sport.
- Designed to Be Discreet– Today’s hearing aids are made to fit in the ear canal without being obtrusive or overbearing. Some models are so small, they can fit into a user’s ear without being visible from the outside, so no one, other than the person wearing them, is aware that a hearing device is being worn.
- Connects to Electronic Devices– With wireless connectivity built into a device, hearing aids can synchronize with smartphones, TVs, computers, and MP3 players so that a custom volume can be achieved easily and comfortably.
- Can Be Utilized in a Variety of Environments – Hearing loss can come in different forms, and today’s hearing devices are able to adjust accordingly, whether you’re sitting at a crowded party straining to hear conversation or on a conference call where a variety of people may be talking.
- Portable and Easy to Charge– Much like your smartphone, some hearing aids can be put in a charger at night, and ready to go by morning, unlike previous models with small batteries that could be easily lost or would need replacement.
- Choices– The range of hearing aids are as varied as the people that utilize them. There are many different styles, colors, and models to suit a range of personalities and lifestyles.
Categorised in: News