LYRIC HEARING DEVICES
About Lyric Hearing
Lyric® Hearing Aids are a hassle-free, 100% invisible hearing solution – Lyric is the world’s first and only extended wear hearing aid that is worn 24/7 for months at a time* through activities such as showering, exercising and sleeping – all with no daily hassles.
How CAN Lyric Do All This?
Lyric is different from other hearing aids because Lyric is comfortably placed deep in the ear canal, 4mm from the ear drum, by a Lyric trained hearing professional during a routine office visit. The comfortable, deep placement of Lyric provides many benefits, including:
- Effortless Hearing, 24/7
- Lyric’s unique placement deep in the ear canal means it stays there for months at a time– it can be worn through daily activities such as showering, exercising, sleeping and talking on the phone.
- Lyric is the only hearing aid that can be worn 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for months at a time, without daily insertion or removal.
- There are no batteries to change with the Lyric hearing device.
- Natural Sound Quality
- Since Lyric is placed deep in the ear canal, it uses the outer ear’s natural anatomy to direct sound to the device, where it is then amplified to the ear drum. Because Lyric takes advantage of the ear’s anatomy, users experience improved directionality and localization (the ability to determine where sounds are coming from).
- Lyric’s technology produces natural sound quality: in fact, 86% of Lyric users agree that Lyric’s sound quality is very natural.**
- 100% Invisible
- Because of the deep placement in the ear canal, Lyric hearing aids are 100% invisible.
How Lyric Works
Lyric® was built by a team of ENT physicians, audiologists, and engineers around three key concepts that hearing professionals have known for years:
- Sound quality improves with proximity to the eardrum.
- Many people with hearing loss are dissatisfied with their hearing aid options.
- Many people with hearing loss want a hassle-free, invisible solution.
Lyric is comfortably placed in the ear canal by a Lyric trained hearing professional during a routine office visit, without surgery or anesthesia. Once placed, Lyric is programmed to your specific hearing needs by your Lyric audiologist or hearing professional. You can adjust the settings and volume on your Lyric devices as needed, as well as turn them on and off
Lyric hearing aids are sold on a subscription basis, which means you purchase a year’s worth of devices at a time. Each set of Lyric hearing devices can be worn for months at a time*, giving you the benefits of better hearing, 24/7, with no daily hassles. When you need to replace your Lyric devices, simply return to your Lyric audiologist or hearing professional for a short follow up visit, where you will be fit with a new set of devices. As an additional benefit, your subscription covers any Lyric technology upgrades, which means you will have access to the most advanced Lyric hearing technology available once your provider has been trained on the latest technology.
*Individual replacement needs may vary. Duration of device battery life varies by patient and is subject to individual ear conditions.
Lyric Technology features:
- Biocompatible soft foam seals engineered to contour to the ear canal; safe to wear 24/7, months at a time*
- Proprietary mechanical and coating technology developed to protect the device from moisture and earwax
- A proprietary battery designed to last up to 120 days eliminating the need to change and buy hearing aid batteries
- A programmable sound processing system designed to work millimeters from the eardrum, allowing for both microphone and receiver placement in the ear canal